Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Go To Church and Don't Stop Going

"And I say also to you, That you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it," said Jesus. -Matthew 16:18

I know that I share a lot of things that are rather gloomy or dark in subject. This may lead people to think I am gloomy or morbid. I'm not. This is just where I share what God shows me and much of it is kind of sad or difficult. I do have a sorrow that I carry but it is a sorrow given to me from God for the purpose of intercession in regard to all of the things he has shown me. I pray for The Church and for the lost.

I want to post something a bit lighter. The importance of going to church. It's biblical that we Christians meet together. I've heard for so many people say that 'we need to get out of organized church because it is no longer right.'

This is something I prayed about because I have found it hard at times in my life to find a good church. It's true. The American church is very sick. There are problems in it. And it bothers me tremendously. BUT the Lord clearly showed me that to remain in the organized church. (When I say organized church I mean churches that have buildings and names and do not meet in houses)

God gave me a dream about this and he made it VERY clear that leaving the church was not the answer. It does not help or benefit The Bride/The Church in any way. Are we going to isolate ourselves, thinking we have better knowledge and ideals than our brothers and sisters? Are we going to be part of the problem by further dividing ourselves?

GO TO CHURCH. Not just any church. Go to a church where the Lord Jesus is worshiped and there is good, sound teaching. NO CHURCH IS GOING TO TEACH AND DO EVERYTHING PERFECTLY. This is a problem people just don't seem to grasp. The Church is comprised of fallible man. So, yes, there will be problems and mistakes. But in many congregations those problems and mistakes aren't bad enough to cause one to leave.

I NEED CHURCH. I NEED TO WORSHIP WITH MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS. And I truly benefit from hearing teaching. These are things that benefit the believer. This is why God says we are to meet together. And we are not to stop doing it. IT IS NOT OUR SOURCE. GOD IS. But throughout the Bible we are told again and again how much one believer needs another believer.

I love to go to church. I love my church, Love and Truth. I don't agree with every teaching. But the right teachings surpass the ones I disagree with. I greatly benefit from the time of worship with my Christian brothers and sisters. I WORSHIP AT HOME AND DO NOT DEPEND ON WORSHIP TIME WITH MY CHURCH. But worshiping with other believers is a beautiful and different experience that brings a difference kind of strength and power.

THE CHURCH NEEDS YOU. Just as I am blessed by going to church, the church is blessed by me going. When we go to church, we get to see and know other believers and have the opportunity to pray for them, encourage them and in some cases, counsel them. IT IS NO SMALL THING. THERE ARE SO MANY VERSES ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF BELIEVERS MINISTERING TO BELIEVERS THAT I CAN'T COUNT THEM.

GOD LOVES YOU. He wants to bless you, strengthen you in every way He can. GO TO CHURCH.
GOD LOVES YOUR SISTERS AND BROTHERS. He wants to bless, strengthen and help them in every way He can. GO TO CHURCH.

DO YOU WANT TO SEE AMERICA BECOME A BETTER NATION? DO YOU WANT TO BUILD UP THE CHURCH AND MAKE HER STRONGER?

Be a part of the solution and not part of the problem.

"And I say also to you, That you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it," said Jesus. -Matthew 16:18

No comments:

Post a Comment