Saturday, September 5, 2015

What's Happening to America?

The reason I gave this post this title is because I am asking this question to myself. I'm not asking it as though I'm disgusted or disturbed. I am asking this sincerely. What's happening? I can have visions and dreams and words that come from the Lord God, as others do.  But I will only know in part (1 Cor. 13:9-12). What I know is that things are not looking good. The details? The sequence? It remains to be seen. God knows. Can we have an impact? I believe we can or else God would not show me to pray as He is showing me!

I heard about this woman going to jail because she wouldn't abide by American law to legally wed gay couples. Is the beginning of some new persecution? I've asked myself many questions about this.

I knew when gay marriage was ruled legal by the Supreme Court that this marked a turning point. For America, this is a significant move. I do not have the traditional conservative Christian view of what has transpired. And I am not ashamed of my that. We are all responsible for searching our own souls, praying and fasting with fear and trembling and living a Christian life based on this effort.

I think the reason legalized gay marriage will become a serious problem in America is because the Christian community will make it a point of focus. They choose to see this as something to fight about, legislate and argue for. In their eyes, our nation is a Christian nation so this is the right thing to do. If I had a dime for every time I heard, 'Let's bring America back to the Godly values she once had' I would be very wealthy. Until I gave it all away to the poor.

Gay marriage will be a problem if Christians make it a problem. I know this is hard for people to hear. But I do not think America is a Christian nation. I believe many Christians live here. More live here than in any other nation (except Vatican City- by percentage). I believe many ancestors came here and Christianity has been the main religion our forefathers practiced by percentage. I also know that Separation of Church and State was very important to our forefathers. They saw the disasters of bringing government and church together up close.They saw how it made Christianity hollow and void of life; for it became rule rather than relationship with God.

The Bill of Rights is NOT Biblical not by a long shot! I say this because as Christians, we are to forfeit everything for Christ. We are to turn the other cheek. We are too give up our rights for Christ gave up His throne and title in Heaven to be killed by the people He created and formed.

Though America has had a 'theme' of Christianity, she is not and was never a Christian nation. If it were a Christian nation we would not have freedom of religion and our forefathers wouldn't have supported Muslims' rights to worship and practice Islam. I am not making this up. It's true.

So gay marriage is legalized. Christians who have already been upset and riled up by media sources are really getting heated. Media get a thrill out of causing one to fear. And when people fear, their primitive recourse takes over. This means people throw logic out the window and begin to operate out of emotion. And that is a very dangerous thing. Very.

What would Jesus say about gay marriage being legalized? He wouldn't abolish the law made for He did not ever abolish any law made by Rome (who ruled over Israel in His day). So what should our position be?

I take the position of LOVE. What does this mean? I'm just going to keep loving all people, sharing the gospel, help the poor, pray and fast for the church and for the lost. I'm going to give my life to God on an even deeper level. I will serve. I'm going to do what Jesus did. To the best of my ability. I'm keeping my religious views out of politics to the best of my ability and I will encourage others to do so. I honor my forefathers by doing this also.

Bottom line is we live in a fallen world. America is an Earthen nation. It is not God's kingdom. If a person is opposed to marrying gay people, then by all means, they have the right to oppose it. But the way to oppose it is to find a job where you would not have to wed homosexuals.  Christians are going to MAKE this a major issue. And because of that I fear it will bring us to darker places as a nation. For many years God has shown me that a division has been growing greater and greater in the church (those who profess Jesus as Christ and God). This is an opportunity for the church to become more divided.

I feel sorrow in the heart of God when I pray. My only desire is to bring relief to my God in His sorrow. He tells me 'things must happen,' and He tells me,'pray for My people' with a love, pain and concern that is very heavy.

Ultimately, our focus needs to be on Jesus and the Great Commission. Are we Americans first? Or are we Christians first? We are citizens of God's Kingdom FIRST. America will always be second. The two are not the same at all. We, who are not believing Jews have been grafted into Israel by the work of Christ Jesus. I don't speak of the Earthen nation Israel. No. I'm talking about God's Kingdom and the covenant that God made with Abram/Abraham with his son Isaac. It was fulfilled and brought into fruition by Christ's work on the cross (death, resurrection, ascension and sending the Holy Spirit, thereafter). We are a spiritual nation. So, we need to be about the Father's business. 

If we are serving God by sharing the gospel, praying, fasting, visiting the imprisoned, tending to the sick, helping the poor, serving in various areas of the local church we are called to serve it, we will have more impact on this nation that any law can. This is how America becomes a Christian nation. One soul at a time. By loving others as we love ourselves. By sacrificing all in service to Christ. For they will know us by our love for one another (John 13:35).

Stay in the Word of God. Stay in prayer. Fast every week. Serve God in every way you can. If we are to do this, I don't think laws of America will be of much consequence. Laws of the land can become pointless if we do the work God told us to do. Perhaps that is too hard. It is easier to have flags, bumper stickers, sign petitions, legislate and post (often with sick pride) what we don't like in America because it isn't Christ-like.

Be Christ-like. Humble yourselves before God. Pray with faith and you will see mountains move! Be about the work of God.

I truly believe with all that God has told me in visions and dreams, that this is what the future of America hinges on. What's happening to America? With all the rights and opportunities we have in this great nation, a lot of great things can be happening in America. But only if we do things God's way. If we keep trying to do it man's way, then history repeats itself. The Crusades and blood that has been shed by leaders like Queen Mary of Scots (Bloody Mary) is what results. Could it get to this point? I truly did not believe that was a possibility until God showed me otherwise!

Please, please be obedient to God under His covenant of grace through Christ Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment